Are you a teenager living far too many social media accounts, or are you looking to reduce your social media footprint? If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, then you need to check out this list of the top free apps to limit screen time that can help you maintain a more private life. While some apps may offer users the opportunity to connect with other users they like and share photos with them at any time, others offer users the ability to keep track of their day-to-day activities and get notified when friends are coming over. There’s almost an endless amount of social media applications that can be used for various purposes — gaming, chatting with friends, chatting with family members, etc.
What Is Meant By The Apps To Limit Screen Time?
These kinds of apps help you to limit your screen time. Excessive usage of everything has a harmful impact, so these free apps to limit screen time do that job.
Advantage Of Limit Screen Time Apps
In our list, we have penned the best free apps to limit screen time for you or your kids. These apps assist in limiting screen time. These apps set control and let you spend your time only on productive things.
Using social media is not a bad thing, but excessive use of anything makes it worse. So, these free apps let you not spend more time in the digital world than required.
The Disadvantage Of Limit Screen Time Apps
These apps might be time-consuming and difficult to use, but their benefits outweigh their drawbacks.
Top 5 Free Apps to Limit Screen Time
1. Kidslox Screen Time Parental Control App
This free app from Best Kids Apps is ideal for parents who want to keep their kids’ social media accounts separate from their accounts. Parents can set up a parental control System that will monitor which social media accounts their child is posting online, as well as allow them to “block” their child if they’re talking too much.
- Best Kids Apps specializes in finding the best apps for children. We help you filter through the thousands of useless, low-quality, and even potentially inappropriate apps available.
- With this free app, parents can turn on and off any app on their kids’ devices.
- Kidslox was created with the well-being of children in mind. It is a terrific tool for parents to limit their child’s phone usage. Use it to set time limits for each app and block apps completely.
- It allows you to block apps, set time limits, and monitor your child’s screen time.
- You can now easily manage your child’s time on social media. No more unwanted friend requests from their teacher at school after you have just accepted an invitation from the student’s father who teaches history.
- Limit time spent on social media with this app!
- You can set it to give your kids a “break” from the app every morning.
- Keep your kids safe from cyberbullying, inappropriate videos, and inappropriate pictures.
2. Qustodio Screen Time Control App
This is the most advanced social media tracking app on the list, which tracks the movements of both the user and the social media account they’re using. With over 50 different features, Qustodio is ideal for users who want to keep tabs on what their child is up to.
- As parents, we have a very hard time limiting the time our kids spend on social media. But this app can help you monitor your child’s screen time, set limits on how much time they spend on their favorite apps, and filter out inappropriate content.
- Parents can use this application to limit their kids’ screen time, block apps, and monitor online activity.
- It allows you to track and monitor your child’s social media usage.
- It allows you to track and block websites and apps, so you can choose for your child how much time they spend in front of a screen each day.
- Instantly be informed if your kids are on social media while they should be doing homework. Instantly know when they’ve started playing a game instead of their homework.
- Adjusting their access to social media when they see fit.
- Control app addiction and improve your kids’ sleep.
- With Qustodio, you can monitor your child’s computer and mobile phone activities without them noticing.
3. Unglue Parental Control App
This is one of the most advanced apps to limit screen time. It can automatically assign roles to both the parent and child social media accounts and assign permissions to the app itself. Users can also change the channel of their social media accounts and set their child’s ad blockers.
Helps protect your child’s eyes and mental health. This app can also educate them on social media by letting them post different appropriate content to each account of theirs. It’s user-friendly, allowing you to manage even a large network of social media accounts with just a few clicks.
- Unglue Parental Control App is smart and safe. It uses advanced AI and algorithms to automatically change the right settings across all your accounts – meaning you don’t have to think about it. It will protect your family from all of your social media, email, and other online accounts.
- Parents can automatically limit screen time and control the type of content their children see.
- You can dictate how long your child has access to social media and how frequently they can use it. You can also limit the data they consume while using their device.
- You can schedule specific times when social media apps and websites can be used.
- Keep your child engaged in healthy activities and off digital media for much longer.
- Keep your family safe. Monitor, filter, and block everything from Instagram to Facebook!
- You’ll allow your kids to socialize at the right time and protect their safety.
- Available for both Android and iOS
4. FamiSafe App
This is an ingenious app from FamiSafe, able to keep track of the activity of your entire family, including your kids, and make changes accordingly. Parents can set up an “opt-out” box so their kids can stop worrying about what they can’t see and be confident that their family holdings will be protected.
- The FamiSafe device helps you to track your children’s activities, manage phone and computer time, and even block the use of the phone when it is needed –the best app to manage your kids’ screen time.
- FamiSafe is free for iPhone and Android and lets you know exactly how much time your kids spend online, which apps they use most, and what videos they watch. This way, you can manage them in a better way.
- The famiSafe app will help you manage your child’s screen time and makes it easy for parents to keep track of how much their child has used his or her phone.
- Prevent your kid from accessing the iStore, or any other app. Let FamiSafe protect you.
- Monitor your family’s online habits and set restrictions according to your timetable.
- Allows you to schedule time limits for your kids.
5. BreakFree App
This powerful screen time limit app helps you manage and control the usage of multiple social media accounts simultaneously and has several advanced features. It allows you to help your kids limit their screen time. It is also one of the most affordable social media management apps on the market.
There is a way for you to limit your kids’ screen time on multiple devices and platforms, including smartphones and tablets on any operating system (Android, iPhone, iPad).
- Install BreakFree for FREE and get the most advanced screen time app to manage your kids’ screen time, reduce their phone usage and encourage them to spend more quality time with you.
- Get all your kids’ devices connected and limit their screen time on each device easily. Up to 8 users can be created on the account.
- You get to limit kids’ screen time when they are in a rush to complete their school homework. And it is free of charge.
- It will help you set limits on the time your child spends on each device, how much time they can spend in apps and on websites each day, and more.
- Increase productivity.
- For children and teens to feel less tired, healthier, and more productive.
If you want to stay ahead of the game and stay focused, it’s important to make use of the apps that are available to manage your social media. While you don’t need to spend a lot of time learning how to use an app to manage social media, it’s a great way to manage multiple platforms and stay on top of what’s happening worldwide. In this article, we have summed up a few top free apps to limit screen time for you.
Hope you like this article, share this with your friends and family, and also keep visiting Ztech4u for tech-related interesting posts. Thank you for reading!